Personal Data Protection
This Policy provides information regarding Berryman Chemical’s management and protection of personal data, collected from website visitors, from its services and through inquiries from stakeholders. “Personal data” means any and all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. You can be identified from information such as your name, email address, phone number, home address, driver’s license number, and passport number. You may also be identifiable from information such as an online identifier, IP address, unique device ID or cookie.
Data Collection at Berryman Chemical
There are two ways in which personal data, meaning information about an identified or identifiable individual, is processed by Berryman Chemical:
- When Contacting Us: to make an inquiry about our drilling products or services. Berryman Chemical may ask the user to complete a contact form that identifies personal data such as user’s name, phone number, e-mail and other personal data to allow for communication back with the user regarding the inquiry. This is done with express consent of the user, prompted by a consent notice.
We do not sell the personal data we hold. We may disclose it only in these specific cases:
- Should we receive a request from law enforcement authorities to provide personal data in our custody, we would only do so upon demonstration of lawful authority.
- Strictly as allowed by law, we may disclose personal data to another organization where it is:
- Reasonable for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the law that has been, is being or is about to be committed and it is reasonable to expect that disclosure with the knowledge or consent of the individual would compromise the investigation;
- Reasonable for the purposes of preventing, detecting or suppressing fraud and it is reasonable to expect that the disclosure with the knowledge or consent of the individual would compromise the ability to prevent, detect or suppress the fraud;
- Necessary to identify an individual who is injured, ill or deceased, to a government institution or the individual’s next of kin or authorized representative and, if the individual is alive, with notification to the individual.
We may transfer personal data to third parties we employs to deliver our services. The transfer is solely for the purpose of assisting us in delivering our services and under our instructions. The transfer is protected through contractual clauses that ensure compliance with data protection legislation at a compatible level of protection.
In relation to data held on behalf of our customers, we will transfer personal data to a third party we employ only with approval of the customer.
Berryman Chemical Inc stores all personal data in the United States.
We store data using advanced technology for internet security available today. In particular:
- All data is protected at the appropriate level of sensitivity and risk through physical measures, such a secure areas, technical measures, such as secure file transfers, and organizational measures such as access controls and due diligence in transferring personal data to processors.
- All data is retained only for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or transferred, in accordance with the Retention Schedule.
- Data held on behalf of Berryman Chemical customers is secure and available only to registered users in the customer’s organization and access is authorized strictly on a need-to-know basis.
Berryman Chemical keeps personal data only as long as it is necessary to assist the website visit, or provide the services the user has requested. Individuals can exercise the right to have their data erased through the exercise of their individual rights.
Process to Exercise Individual Rights
We recognize that all personal data you submit to Berryman Chemical belongs to you and you have the following specific rights with respect to your personal data:
- Modification:you can request changes or updates to any personal data we store about you.
- Access and Portability: you can request all personal data we may store about you.
- Erasure: you can request that Berryman Chemical delete all personal data we store about you, at any time.
Berryman Chemical responds to individual requests for access to one`s personal data, rectification and erasure as necessary. To submit a request, please complete the website contact form here: berrymanchemical.com/contact
All requests will be addressed within one month, free of charge, unless the volume or the complexity of the request requires a longer process, where Berryman Chemical will inform the requester, within one month, of the reasons for an extension and may charge a reasonable fee to cover administrative costs; or the request is unfounded or excessive and Berryman Chemical may refuse the request with justification.
Process to Challenge Compliance
An individual may challenge compliance with data protection rights by filing a complaint with through Berryman’s website via the website contact form here: berrymanchemical.com/contact
If the individual is not satisfied with the response from Berryman Chemical, there is always a recourse with the local Data Protection Authority in your country.